Winterizing your TLC Apartment
- HEAT IT UP. Be sure to check your heat well in advanced to temperatures dropping. If you have any issues with your thermostat, contact maintenance immediately. Always remember to keep your thermostat turned up. While the warmer the better, you should never let the temperature drop below 55 Degrees Fahrenheit (even if you are away for the weekend).
- OPEN UP. When you are home, you are opening and closing doors and cabinets frequently which allow air to flow throughout the apartment. When you go away for a weekend, it is a good idea to open your cabinet doors and closet doors so that heat can circulate to the different pipes that may be under your sink or running through your walls.
- OPEN YOUR CURTAINS. Heat is our friend during the winter months and if you can get nature to help you heat your home, why not take advantage of that. Open your curtains or blinds during the day if your windows are facing the sun.
- KEEP IT INSULATED. Electrical outlets can let in an astonishing amount of cold air. To keep out the cold and preserve your heat, stock up on some outlet covers this winter.
- FAN IT DOWN. If you think ceiling fans are seasonal, think again. Locate any fans in the apartment and reverse their rotation; this will push down the warm air and circulate it throughout the room.
We hope that these tips will help you save money and stay warm this winter!